Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sarcasm is a modern weapon.

Sometimes I become the biggest hypocrite. I find myself committing the same faults I despise in others but I somehow excuse it because it's, well, me.
Why are we sarcastic? I know I use the tactic when I find something incredibly stupid and need to mock it in an less obtrusive way. And I suppose that's why others do it too. When I get slapped with sarcasm, it can bring me to tears. I wonder if I make others feel that way... But I don't despise sarcasm. I hate the bite it delivers where someone you enjoy dishes this remark that feels like a smack in the face. That's not merry at all.
I don't plan on removing sarcasm from my life all together but I could use a serious decrease in its use. Sometimes it's best to say nothing at all, like our mothers taught us.

On a brighter note, I made a wonderful dinner last night of BBQ ribs, lasagna, goat cheese & cranberry salad and cheesecake. No pictures, though =/ Bummer. Oh, and this meal wasn't just for myself, I had friends over. Nice try!

No comments:

Post a Comment